Debt, Money Management and Energy Advice
If you are struggling to manage your money (i.e. paying your water bills or other household bills, credit cards or other consumer debts) and would like some advice from one of our expert money advice caseworkers contact us by:
- Coming to our drop-in sessions at the Hopmarket every Tuesday and Thursday between 9.30 am and 12 noon.
- Calling us FREE on 0808 278 7891 (lines are open Monday to Friday 9.30 am to 4 pm)
- Texting us on 0798 44 39 479. Tell us your name, your postcode and the type of advice you need (for example DEBT, BENEFITS or HOUSING) and we’ll call you back.
When contacting us, please make sure you have information about your income (wages, benefit awards, pensions and other income) and a list of your regular expenses (such as rent, council tax, gas/electricity, water etc.). Our Budget Tool can help you with this.
You can also access lots of useful information on our Debt and Money Advice Guide pages.
Clients who have debts or have difficulty managing their money are assisted to look at their current Income and Expenditure (budget). We then identify whether they can save any money in order to reduce their expenditure and/or maximise their income.
We also provide advice on benefits/tax credits and look at other ways in which clients can maximise their income.
Worcester City has a fuel poverty rate of 12%, compared to 10.4% nationally.
The County of Worcestershire has the second highest fuel poverty rate when compared with its statistical neighbours.
Worcester CAB and WHABAC provide:
- Advice on utility/energy/fuel issues to individuals.
- Advice on how comparing fuel tariff’s and finding the best deal for you.
- Advice on how to switch suppliers after finding the best deal.
- Energy Awareness Training Sessions in the community for consumers and frontline workers of other charitable organisations.
- These sessions raise awareness of the potential savings made by switching or negotiating with fuel providers.
Please ask at one of our drop in sessions, telephone our advice line or telephone our Money Management Adviser, Steve Hemming on 01905 744578.