Skip to content Skip to footer

Smart Move


This project can help single people and childless couples who are over 18 and on low incomes or benefits, by providing a guarantee instead of a cash deposit to private sector landlords throughout Worcestershire or access to accommodation managed by our SmartLets Agency. To find out if you are eligible for the scheme please contact us.

How we can help if you are looking for accommodation:

  • Help with a guarantee bond in place of a traditional cash deposit if you are on low income or benefits.
  • Advice and assistance on the permanent accommodation options available in the private rented sector and other alternatives, including accommodation managed by Citizens Advice Worcester through our SmartLets Agency.
  • Assistance with moving and settling into your home by advising on how to pay for and furnish your home.
  • Advice on tenancy matters.
  • Assistance with Housing Benefit claims.
  • Referrals to other agencies or organisations who may be able to help.
  • Advice and assistance on the temporary accommodation options available.
How to contact us…
  • Come to our drop-in sessions at the Hopmarket every Tuesday and Thursday between 9.30 am and 12 noon.
  • Call us FREE on 0808 278 7891 (lines are open Monday to Friday 9.30 am to 4 pm)
  • Text us on 0798 44 39 479. Tell us your name, your postcode and the type of advice you need (for example DEBT, BENEFITS or HOUSING) and we’ll call you back.

What to expect at our drop in sessions…

When you arrive our receptionist will explain how our drop in works and you will be given a number to ensure that all our clients are seen in the order in which they arrive.

One of our volunteers will see you and carry out an assessment of your problem and if possible provide you with a solution.

If your problem cannot be resolved at this stage we will make you a follow up appointment to see one of our SmartMove Caseworkers.

We can also refer you to some of our services in the community if this appropriate.

Alternatively we will direct or refer you to another organisation if we are unable to resolve your problem.

Back to Our local Services